Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 12: As Time Goes By

So, after eight seasons, I finally feel like I know/understand what’s going on with the Winchester family. To which I say, it’s about time!

So, Heaven paired up Mary and John because they represented the hunters and the Men of Letters (which sounds pretty pretentious to me, I have to say). So, they were basically bred for strength and intelligence, which is both incredibly weird and also makes a lot of sense. There’s a reason that the Winchesters are super hunters.

Anyway, I really, really enjoyed this episode.

It was so interesting to see John’s father and understand the way that their father grew up. The pieces are falling into place, if you know what I mean.

I am sad that Henry died because I feel like it could have been really cool to have him show up again. However, I have to say that I don’t relly like Henry. His obnoxious, stuck-up attitude about hunters was really annoying, and I didn’t like that he kept treating Sam and Dean like they were stupid. That being said, I thought this was a really well written, very interesting and revealing episode.

There was one thing that kind of bothered me about this episode and that was the fact that Dean stopped his grandfather from going back to John. If Henry goes back to John, it’s entirely possible that Sam and Dean would never be born, and they actually said that they were okay with that in a previous time travel episode. Also, Dean had criticized Henry earlier in the episode for ditching his son, so the fact that he prevented him from going back seemed strange to me.

I think it would have been more authentic if Dean had allowed Henry to try to go back and the magic didn’t work or something like that. Or, if Henry had decided at the last minute that he needed to kill Abaddon.

By the way, the fact that the normal demon magic doesn’t work on Abaddon is TERRIFYING. I guess you really have to look out for those Knights of Hell, huh? Anyway, I really hope they actually killed her because I would NOT like to see that kind of demon come back again.

Anyway, I think this episode is going to be really important eventually. It sounds like the Winchesters now have access to an ARSENAL of monster knowledge, and that can only be a good thing, right?

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review