Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 8: Hunteri Heroici

If I had to describe this episode in one word, it would be adorable. Seriously, I thought it was just really cute, and that’s not something I often say about Supernatural.

First of all, Castiel is just too precious for this world. When he said, “I’m going to be a hunter!”, my heart just melted. Like, Castiel has had his issues in the past, but he so obviously wants to be a good person, and it just hurts my heart to watch him try to deal with that. Plus, Castiel trying to interrogate the cat was just too cute for words. (It was almost as cute as when Castiel said he would watch over Dean while he slept (cue the aww!)).

I think anyone with any experience of cats would know that they would never crack under interrogation. Any self respecting cat would just blink at you in a disapproving fashion and lick themselves. (Be aware that I’m typing this as my cat sits on my lap, so I speak from a place of experience).


I thought that the actual plot of the episode was good. I enjoyed the whole cartoon aspect of the episode, which I thought had an adorable element of nostalgia. The whole episode reminded me of the monster of the week episodes in earlier seasons; so I thought it was a nice break from all the heavy drama that we’ve been dealing with recently in this show.

The only thing I disliked about the episode was the whole Sam/Amelia storyline. Can I just say that I’m really bored with all these flashbacks? Like, I seriously don’t understand why they’re relevant. So, we learned that Amelia likes spaghetti with hotdogs, is that important? Will that point be coming back? I feel like we as the audience don’t know Amelia well enough to really care about these little details.

I was also SUPER annoyed with Amelia’s dad. Why was he so RUDE to Sam? I mean, Amelia was rude too, so maybe the whole family is just tactless? The whole interaction just had a weird vibe for me.

I guess they’re trying to show us why Sam clung to Amelia, but, at this point, I’ve had enough of this story line. I hope we can drop it moving forward.

Anyway, I think Castiel had the line of the episode: “Can I at least ride in the front seat?”

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review