Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 10: Torn and Frayed

Okay, it’s official. It took eight seasons, but this show has broken me emotionally. The title “Torn and Frayed” is a really good descriptor of what happened because this episode left me feeling like I should burst into tears. Seriously, I just feel wretched about everything in this episode.

First of all, I am HEARTBROKEN—simply heartbroken—that Castiel killed that other angel, Alfie. For some reason or another, that was just really painful for me. I think it was the fact that they had just spent all this time rescuing this person who had been horribly tortured, and then Castiel turned around and killed him without really knowing why. It’s just kind of shocking and hard to accept.

To that end, I hate Naomi even more now. The fact that she’s erasing Cas’ memories and making him do things that he doesn’t want to do is really tough to accept. It also seems like she did something to torture him, which concerns me. Anyway, I’ve no idea what her end game is in this situation, but I have a feeling I’m not going to like it.

The drama with Dean and Benny, however, was much more distressing for me. When Dean said “end of the line,” it just broke my heart. I mean, they’ve been through so much together! It just seems like a really sad way to let it all end. I’m also concerned that Benny is in a dark place emotionally, and I worry that he’s going to start killing people, and then Dean will have to kill him. Nothing good is going to come out of that situation, I promise you.

On the other hand, Sam and Dean are back together, which I guess is a good thing. Although, their relationship is so tempestuous at the moment it’s tough to say. I assume that Dean ended his relationship with Benny for Sam, and Sam ended his relationship with Amelia for Dean. I have to say that neither of them seem very happy about either development.

Speaking of Amelia, I have to say that I’ve had enough of her relationship with Sam. First of all, I think it was really un-cool of her to cheat on Don. I get that she has a relationship with Sam and things are complicated, but it just made her unlikable to me (and I already found her unlikeable). I was also very annoyed that she started criticizing Sam coming back after she’d already hopped into bed with him. It seems quite hypocritical if you ask me. Anyway, it seems like they’ve broken up forever now, so hopefully we’re done with this plot point.

Anyway, like I said, this episode was just all about heartache for me. However, for all of that, it was very well written and engaging. I have to say that I actually think season eight has been really good so far; we’re about halfway through the season now. I’m excited to see where the rest of the season goes!

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review