Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 5: Blood Brother

Okay, well now things are getting JUICY. This episode was a nice change of pace after the last two disappointing episodes of the season.

We’re finally learning more about Benny, more about Sam’s relationship with Amelia, and more about what happened in Purgatory. It’s all FASCINATING.

Speaking of Purgatory, it’s really starting to look like Cas was captured by Leviathans, isn’t it? I’m sure he’ll be back at some point because I don’t think they’d kill him off in that way, but, in the meantime, it’s looking pretty grim for Castiel.

Anyway, the big focus of this episode was Benny. His vampire pirate story is really something else! Someone could make some big bucks turning that idea into a teen romance series. But, I digress. Benny has decided to hunt down and kill his vampire maker before he kills him, which, fortunately, he is successful in doing.

But seriously, can we talk about how fun it is to have Benny as a character? I love that Dean is friends with a monster now. It really shows his growth as a person and highlights how the show has changed. Plus, Benny is definitely a cool dude. I don’t know if Sam is going to see it that way, but Dean probably should have told him what was going on.

The only problem is that I can’t understand his accent at all. Like, if I’m keeping it real, I catch only about 50% of what he says. I spoke to one of my friends who is from the South, and she informs me that his accent is AUTHENTIC, not like the fake Southern accents that you normally see on television. So, I guess I’m going to have to turn on the subtitles because it’s like a whole other language as far as I’m concerned.

I do feel bad that Benny didn’t get to stay with his girlfriend Andrea (who was like SUPER pretty by the way, and I was loving her 80s inspired outfit). I suspect they were trying to parallel Sam’s relationship with Amelia here. They’re both doomed love situations, and things aren’t going to work out.

Speaking of Amelia, I’m sorry to say it, but I’m just feeling her. Like, is it me, or does she give off weird vibes? I don’t want to be biased and judge her harshly because she took Sam away from Dean, but I do feel that she has a somewhat unlikable persona, and some of the stuff she said was just downright weird. Like, she says that Sam looks like a white supremacist because he’s wearing a plaid shirt and jeans. That is only the most normal, unremarkable outfit ever; I mean, I’m pretty sure 70% of American men wear some variant of that on a semi-daily basis. Like I said, weird vibes, man.

I don’t like her.

On a side note, the title of this episode is interesting because it could refer to either Sam or to Benny (remember that Benny always seems to call Dean “brother”). I guess we’ll know soon enough who is more of a real brother to Dean.

Rating: 7.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review