Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 8: Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!

Oh my goodness, THIS EPISODE! I think I said that episode six was my favorite episode of this season; well, I’m renouncing that today. THIS was my favorite episode of the season. In fact, it might be one of my favorite episodes of the whole series. It was just so FUNNY.

In case you need a recap, in this episode Becky (of the Supernatural fan community) makes a deal with a demon to get a potion that will make Sam fall deeply in love with her. Sam and Becky end up getting married and hilarity (and waffle irons) ensues.

I should be angry with Becky for drugging and kidnapping Sam, but I just can’t find it in my heart to be mad at her, probably because she’s just too funny and wildly insane for words. I mean, drawing a devil’s trap with blueberry vodka? Come on, that’s adorable.

Also, I have to admit that I wanted Becky to get the chance to show off Sam at her high school reunion. Call it a craving for justice or whatever, but I’m always in favor of watching smug people get their comeuppance. Although, if I was trying to make my former high school classmates jealous, I probably would have brought Dean to the party (I mean, Sam’s sideburns are getting a little gnarly).

Plus, it was just so entertaining to see Sam deeply in love. Let’s keep it real, Sam is not really in touch with his emotions. It’s nice to see him go gooey sometimes. Not to mention that it’s enjoyable to have a few lighthearted moments in the midst of all the DRAMA that makes up Supernatural.

I do have to say that Crowley had the line of the episode: “There's a reason we don't call our chits in early: consumer confidence. This isn’t Wall Street, this is Hell! We have a little something called integrity. If this gets out, who'll deal with us? Nobody! Then, where are we?” Too true, Crowley, too true.

Rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review