Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 9: How to Win Friends and Influence Monsters

Well, this episode was GROSS.

I feel like I say that a lot, but, seriously, ICK. Someone needs to give me a trigger warning the next time Supernatural is going to introduce a cannibal zombie with a cat’s HEAD in his stomach. That stuff is going to haunt my nightmares for weeks!

Speaking of which, in case you need a recap, this episode follows Sam, Dean, and Bobby as they travel to New Jersey to investigate a series of horrifically gross murders. They discover that the killing spree was caused by the turducken (turkey, duck, and chicken) sandwiches being served at a local restaurant. Usually, the sandwiches just cause the citizens to become complacent and uninterested in what’s going on around them; however, sometimes they have the side effect of creating cannibal zombie monsters. Who would have thunk it?

The boys learn that the leviathans are behind the monster burgers and travel to their headquarters to investigate. Unfortunately, Bobby is shot as they try to escape.

I think this episode is pretty important from a plot perspective. We learned about some evil schemes, and it seems like we’re back to the main plot in general. Also, we learned about the top three most eatable birds. So, that’s information I’ll carry with me.

On a random note, who else hated that Dick Roman guy? Although he’s horrible, I think they wrote his character so well because there really are scam artists like that in the world. Look out for creeps, everyone. Also, When in Rome is a dumb name for a book.

I also have to call out those “glampers” in the beginning of the episode. Let’s keep it one hundred, I hate the idea of camping. I did it many times as a kid, and I never understood why we couldn’t sleep in our own beds at home. However, I like the idea of glamping even less. What is the point of carting a luxury trailer with all the amenities out to the woods. If you’re going to sit inside and watch TV, you might as well have stayed home. There’s no point to it! It ENRAGES me.

However, I think the most important question here is what’s going to happen to Bobby. Obviously, he was shot at the end of the episode. I don’t think he’s dead because I don’t think they would have killed Bobby off-screen (although, True Blood did that to Tara, and I’m still bitter about that). However, it’s clear that this is going to cause some major PROBLEMS. Maybe the leviathans are going to ambush them at the hospital? Maybe Sam and Dean have to make a deal with Crowley to save Bobby? Either way, it’s not good news.

Bobby did have the best line of the episode, though: “you're not a person….You tried to hang it up and be a person with Lisa and Ben. And now here you are with a mean old coot and a van full of guns. That ain't person behavior, son. You're a hunter, meaning you're whatever the job you're doing today.” Powerful stuff.

Rating: 7.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review