Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 7: The Mentalists

Well, this episode tickled me all the way down to my socks. A town full of psychics? How adorable!

I actually loved the concept of this episode; it was a lot of fun to watch the boys run around psychic town and get positive affirmations (by the way, “you're a virile manifestation of the divine” was the best line of the episode). This episode reminded me of some of the “monster of the week” episodes from earlier seasons, which is a good thing. I always enjoyed the “whodunit” aspect of those episodes.

This episode had a particularly good mystery. In case you missed it, this episode revolved around a string of murders of local psychics. Sam and Dean discover that the psychics are being killed by a ghost and narrow down their suspects to two sisters who lived in the town hundreds of years ago. They decide that one sister is causing the murders and burn her bones. Unfortunately, they picked the wrong sister.

I gotta say that the ghosts in this episode were DEEPLY creepy. I mean, in general, Supernatural does a good job of creating scary looking monsters, but they really outdid themselves in this episode. That ghost’s face looking through the window was INCREDIBLY disturbing. I actually had to cover my eyes.

Anyway, in the end, the Winchesters discovered that another psychic had the witch’s bones and was using them to control her (albeit, she was pretty excited to kill people). He was actually sleeping with the bones in his bed, which is a new level of disgusting. *Shudder.* The Winchesters end up killing the psychic and destroying the ghost, so that’s all good.

However, I think the most important takeaway from this episode is that Sam and Dean are now friends again. I don’t think Sam has totally gotten over Amy’s death, but he seems to have forgiven Dean for the moment. Thank goodness!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review