Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 10: Death's Door

SAD.

That’s the only thing I have to say about this episode. SAD.

First of all, I NEED to know if Bobby is dead or not. That last scene was very ambiguous; Bobby could have pulled through, but then again he might have decided to go with the reaper. On the other hand, it seemed clear that the lights were going out on Bobby, and I refuse to believe that he would allow himself to become a ghost, so the most likely outcome is that Bobby is dead.

DEAD.

Guys, I cannot express how much that breaks my heart, especially after everything we saw in this episode. Like, I don’t know how Supernatural can go forward as a show without Bobby. It is UNTHINKABLE.

By the way, I think I’ve already spoiled everything, but—in case you need a recap—this episode takes place inside Bobby’s brain as he fights to stay alive. Bobby travels through his own memories, trying to escape from the reaper and get back to the boys. Meanwhile, the Winchesters are in the hospital, waiting to see if Bobby survives. Dean does manage to confront the leviathan who shot Bobby, so I think they’re cuing up that guy as the “big bad” for the rest of the season.

I mean, obviously, this was a devastating episode in general, but can we just take a minute to talk about how crushing Bobby’s memories were? I mean, he has to survive right? Someone who has survived that much pain deserves more good memories.

Like, let’s not gloss over the fact that Bobby KILLED his father to save his mother. That might literally be the most traumatizing thing that could ever happen to a person, and it seems like his mother did not appreciate what he did for her. I mean that gives a lot of insight into Bobby’s character. Plus, it makes the fact that Bobby had to kill his wife even worse. Speaking of which, that memory with his wife was just terrible, though it pales in comparison to his father.

I did, however, enjoy the moments between Bobby and Dean when he was a kid (although it confirms once again that John was a horrible parent). It was actually really beautiful to see how much Bobby values his relationship with Sam and Dean. I mean, the three of them are really a family at this point.

Also, how much did your heart break when Bobby said “kids” just before he slipped back into a coma? Like, if Supernatural didn’t know how to pull my heart strings before, they certainly have it down now. All I can say is Bobby had BETTER be alive.

Rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review