Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 14: Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie

This episode was disturbing...but also fun? Like, I don’t know how else to describe being impaled by a unicorn.

In case you missed it, in this episode the Winchesters investigate a string of strange deaths and discover that children’s worst fears are coming to life and killing their parents. (I know, I can’t imagine what child would be afraid of a unicorn either). They trace the deaths back to Plucky Pennywhistle's, which seems to be kind of like Chuck E. Cheese. It turns out that one of the employees basically went crazy because he didn’t get a promotion and decided to use hoodoo to murder parents that he didn’t like.

He tries to kill Sam too (using killer clowns!!!), but fortunately Dean is able to stop him in time. However, the clowns do explode, covering Sam with glitter, which, I gotta say, was pre-tty hilarious. Dean had the line of the episode with this one: “You look like you got attacked by some PCP-crazed strippers.”

Like I said, this episode was kind of dark, but also entertaining. Like, watching Dean chase down and tackle a man in a lion suit was beyond hilarious. I do feel bad for the guy who got eaten by sharks in the ball pit though; he didn’t deserve that. Side note, who else loved ball pits? I remember being obsessed with them when I was a kid. Now, you couldn’t pay me to go anywhere near a ball pit; they’re germ CITY.

The best moment of the episode, however, was when Sam gave Dean the giant slinky and Dean gave Sam the clown doll. That was TOO FUNNY. However, I’m with Sam, clowns are CREEPY as anything.

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review