Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 4: Defending Your Life

I think the best word to describe this episode is interesting.

In case you need a recap, in this episode the Winchesters run into the Egyptian god Osiris who is punishing people who feel guilty about mistakes they have made. Osiris zeroes in on Dean, who of course feels guilty about everything (!), and puts him on trial for his role in Jo and Amy’s deaths. Sam defends him, and Dean manages to escape punishment.

Like I said, I thought this was an interesting episode, but it didn’t really strike a chord with me. It kind of felt like a filler episode, to be honest. We’ve seen Sam and Dean confronted with ghosts from their past before, so, to me, this episode didn’t bring anything new to the table.

However, I did enjoy seeing Jo again, even as a ghost.

I was frustrated that Dean didn’t tell Sam that he killed Amy. Like I said in my last review, I was angry that Dean killed her to begin with, but I don’t want the show to drag this plot out. I wish Dean would just tell Sam what happened so they can move past it; I don’t want it to hang over their heads all season.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review