Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 3: The Girl Next Door

UGH.

I was so annoyed with Dean in this episode. How could he kill Amy?? And how could he threaten her CHILD??? I mean, that’s not like Dean. He’s normally more compassionate and understanding. I mean, Dean is basically a father to Ben; he doesn’t threaten children!

I mean, I kind of blame the writers for making Dean look bad in this episode. Dean had no business killing Amy; it’s so HORRIBLY out of character.

Anyway, I guess I should summarize what happened in this episode. In this episode, we see a flashback from Sam. When he was a teenager, Sam met a Kitsune named Amy. The two became friends, but when Amy’s mother learned what was happening, Amy was forced to kill her to save Sam. In the present day, Sam becomes convinced that Amy is killing again, and chases her down to stop her. He learns that Amy killed a couple of people in order to save her son, but she promises not to do it again. Sam forgives her, but, as I said, Dean decides to kill her anyway.

In the meantime, the Leviathans are trying to track down Bobby and the Winchesters. Man, are they ever persistent monsters! I'm really starting to despise them; I hope the whole season isn't about Leviathans.

I have to say that I really liked the flashback element of this episode. I liked Amy and Sam’s story. Plus, it was nice to see a monster save the Winchesters for once. Of course, I didn’t like how their story ended, but, like I said, I’m treating that as a mistake on the writers’ part. This episode was a little more "monster of the week." But, so far, this is my favorite episode of the season.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review