Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 13: The Slice Girls

Well, this episode was FASCINATING.

I’m not sure why, but it really drew me in for some reason.

I was genuinely super interested in the Amazon society, and I wanted to learn more about it. Maybe I need to watch the Wonder Woman movie or something.

In case you need a recap, Sam and Dean arrive in Seattle to investigate a series of extremely weird, ritualistic murders. They discover that the killings are being committed by the Amazons, a tribe of warrior women who have super strength. It turns out that the Amazons can only reproduce if the child (which grows up super quickly) kills her father. Unfortunately, Sam and Dean only learn this after Dean mates with an Amazon. (Oops!) Dean’s daughter shows up to kill him, and, naturally, things get messy.

I did think that it was really tragic that Sam needed to kill Dean’s daughter. Part of me really wanted to believe that she did want to get away from the Amazons. I was half hoping that she could start a new life, but I guess the lesson is: once a monster, always a monster. It’s nice parallel to the moment when Dean had to kill Amy.

Like I said, I really enjoyed this episode. I was riveted the whole time, and I was really on the edge of my seat waiting to see what Emma (Dean’s daughter) would do. I wouldn’t mind if they did another episode with the Amazons. It was intriguing.

Also, I want to give a shout out to whoever decided to use "You Shook Me All Night Long" in this episode. That was an A+ decision.

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review