Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 12: Time After Time

Man, Dean looked good in that suit, didn’t he? 

I hope the network used the promo shots from that episode to promote the show; I would totally buy a poster with Dean dressed up in his 1940s clothes.

Anyway, now that we’ve gotten the fashion portion of this commentary out of the way, I should tell you that I had never heard of Eliot Ness or the Untouchables before, so a lot of stuff in this episode went right over my head.

However, I found this episode to be pretty charming regardless. I always love the time travel plots. They’re endlessly entertaining.

In case you need a recap, in this episode Sam and Dean find themselves hunting the god Chronos. All is going well until Dean gets pulled back into the past with Chronos. Sam and Dean spend the episode hunting the god from different centuries until Sam manages to bring Dean back to the present, killing Chronos in the process. I just hope the scuffle didn’t mess up Dean’s suit.

I was also glad to see Jody Mills back in the show. I really like her, and it’s nice to have recurring characters—we seem to be running out of them at an alarming rate.

On a random note, it strains credulity that no one noticed that Dean carved Sam’s name into that doorframe. Surely someone would have noticed and fixed that over the course of 60+ years. It’s also quite shocking that all the witnesses in this episode remembered everything that happened (down to the minute) more than half a century ago. But, Supernatural is, after all, a TV show, so I suppose I have to let it go.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review