Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 2: Hello, Cruel World

Ay yai yai, if the whole season is going to be like this, I don’t know if I’ll be able to bear it!

So, I heard that seasons six and seven were not the best, and I’m beginning to see that that’s true. So far, this season just seems so joyless. You know? It’s dark and humorless and lacks all the things that make Supernatural fun.

In case you need a recap, in this episode, the leviathans escape from Castiel’s vessel and get loose in the world. Predictably, all hell breaks loose.

Seriously guys, of all the gory and horrific things I’ve seen on Supernatural, the leviathans have to be some of the worst. They’re just so NASTY. A group of them take over the bodies of doctors and percede to eat the organs of their patients during surgery. If that doesn’t scream horror show, I don’t know what does.

Anyway, Sam, Dean, and Bobby spend this episode trying to get the leviathan infestation under control (unsuccessfully). Meanwhile, Sam is battling his own demons (quite literally). He’s hallucinating that he’s actually still in hell with Lucifer and his life with Dean and Bobby is all an illusion. Like I said in my last review, I’m getting really concerned about Sam. He’s clearly in for a rough season, and, TBH, I don’t know if I can watch him do “real or not real” for twenty-two episodes.

Anyway, this episode basically just focused on introducing the leviathans and exploring their horribleness. My guess is this season is going to revolve around destroying the leviathans, fixing Sam’s brain, and—hopefully—bringing Cas back. I just hope it’s not going to be drawn out and gross. Like I said, I’ve found the first two episodes of this season to be extremely heavy (emotionally) and difficult to watch. I just hope this doesn’t continue indefinitely.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review