Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 8: Changing Channels

Oh my goodness! I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!

It was SO incredibly funny.

I love the sunglasses at night.

I love that there is a TV show called Dr. Sexy, M.D.

I love that Sam performs operations with dental floss.

I love the sitcom laugh track.

Sam turning into the Impala was inspired.

And the title sequence. Don’t even get me started on the title sequence! It was a true work of art.

It was all GOLD.

GOLD, I tell you!

I don’t know if this is my favorite episode of Supernatural, but I certainly think it’s the funniest.

In case you need a recap, this episode begins with Sam and Dean investigating the death of a man who was supposedly killed by the Incredible Hulk (fishy, huh?). They quickly discover that they’re dealing with the Trickster once again, but he traps them in TV world and refuses to let them out until they play their roles (i.e. say yes to Lucifer and Michael). However, thanks to a little help from Cas, the Winchesters discover that the Trickster is actually an angel who left Heaven to avoid family fights. Sam and Dean manage to trap him in a circle of holy oil, and he lets them out of TV land.

I thought it was quite interesting that the Trickster is actually an angel (it certainly explains a lot too). I mean, he's certainly a jerk, as angels often are. It's quite a big development, so I’m sure that revelation is going to be important later in this season, but, overall, I think this episode was just supposed to inject some fun into the show. But hey, I can’t say I’m complaining. 

Rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review