Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 16: Dark Side of the Moon

Just when you thought Dean couldn’t experience any more psychological trauma, they had to go and drop this episode on us.

Watching the “ghost” of Mary Winchester tell Dean that she never loved him and talk about how she could smell herself burning to death was almost more than I could bear. It was certainly more than Dean could bear. I think we all know that it was just the angels trying to get into his head, but it was absolutely BRUTAL. Not to mention that Dean had to watch Sam reliving all his great memories of running away from his family. That might have hurt him even more than what his mother said. The whole thing was a “who can traumatize Dean more” contest.

I swear to you, the word “poor Dean!” should be the tagline of this show.

Psychological pain aside, I did really enjoy this episode. It was actually really cute to see Sam and Dean’s happiest memories, particularly Dean as a little boy having pie with his mom (I wonder if that’s why he loves pie so much?). Although, that scene also reinforced my opinion that John Winchester actually wasn’t a very good person.

Who would have thunk it?

I also really enjoyed seeing Pamala and Ash again. Of course Ash has cracked Heaven’s coding system! I would expect nothing less from him. I hope that he manages to find Ellen and Jo so they can all have drinks in the roadhouse together again.

Anyway, this was kind of a weird, trippy episode (but in a good way). I definitely enjoyed it though. Normally, I would be annoyed that Sam and Dean keep dying and coming back, but I’ve kind of accepted that that’s what’s going to happen on Supernatural. Everyone can die expect for our mains. They have ten more seasons to film!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9