Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 13: The Song Remains the Same

Oh my goodness, TEARS! Just like, tears for DAYS!

This episode just crushed my heart and soul into tiny little pieces! Especially that last line: “angels are watching over you.” That was just CRUEL. I mean, what a LINE!

Speaking of angels, I’m actually really upset that Anna went over to the dark side. I thought she understood what’s up! Now, we’ve lost our last female character! Great! Plus, after Jo, she was the one I shipped with Dean the most.

Like, seriously, this episode was just really SAD.

First of all, if you didn’t tear up when Mary realized that she was going to die and her sons would be hunters, you’re heartless. Like, imagine how Dean and Sam must have felt when they heard that? It just breaks your heart!

I mean, there were a lot of emotional moments. When Sam was talking to his dad about their future experiences (confusing, I know), I was almost in tears. Why is there so much psychological pain in the Winchester family?!

While all the conversations and interpersonal relationship things were just emotionally DEVASTATING, I thought that the plot of the actual episode didn’t make much sense. Anna decides to go back in time to kill John and Mary in order to prevent Sam and Dean from being born (just throwing this out there, but I think it’s probably easier to kill them in the present than to go and screw up the entire fabric of time and space, but that’s just me). Also, we’re supposed to understand that Anna is killing them in order to get back into the good graces of the angels, but Michael doesn’t want them dead….so, like, what is she doing? It doesn’t make a lot of sense. However, I suppose I can accept it for TV purposes.

Anyway, like I said, this was a very MOVING and EMOTIONAL episode. Although I don’t quite get the relevance to the plot, I do think it was an excellent and well-written episode. I mean, I really felt a type of way about this episode. Plus, the title is another Led Zeppelin reference, what’s not to like?

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9