Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 12: Swap Meat

Oh my goodness, this was too funny for life!

I DIED laughing. DIED!

That kid pretending to be Sam was just too cute and too cringy all at the same time. It was wonderfully funny.

My only complaint about the episode is that I feel like Dean should have noticed that Sam wasn’t Sam WAY earlier. I mean, his character and his behavior was 100% different. How on Earth did Dean not notice that? It was SO, incredibly frustrating. I just kept yelling at the screen, BEGGING Dean to catch on. I feel like he would have figured it out in reality, but, of course, this is TV. I was also confused as to how those CHILDREN kept getting their hands on tranquilizers. Like, aside from the witchcraft, they all seem pretty vanilla to me. I find it totally implausible that they were able to figure out how to tranquilize people; but, again, this is TV.

SIGH.

Anyway, I did like that the kids were dumb. I think all of us who are on the other side of our teenage years can look back and realize that we behaved stupidly (in one way or another) as teens. There’s way too many teenage heroes in fantasy books/movies who just HAPPEN to save the world at the age of sixteen. I think Supernatural’s depiction of these kids was more true to life.

Overall, I liked this episode. It wasn’t the most serious episode of the season, but it was funny and entertaining, and sometimes those episodes are the most memorable ones to me. Plus, “I’d like to purchase an alcohol” is one heck of a line.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9