Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 18: Point of No Return

Okay, let’s all take a moment to celebrate! Ding, dong the witch is dead!

FINALLY!

I’ve been waiting for someone to ice Zachariah for like ages at this point! He’s such an unbelievable jerk that I’m shocked that the angels didn’t get annoyed with him several millennia ago.

That scene where Dean just STABBED him was so SATISFYING. I loved it.

But, this was kind of a big episode for shocking reveals because, guess what? ADAM! Adam is back!

I honestly don’t know how I feel about this.

I mean, I was certainly surprised! When Cas pulled him out of the ground, I gasped so loudly it startled my cat!

On one hand, I’m glad that Adam is back. I was *intrigued* by the idea that Sam and Dean had another brother, and I was sad that we never really got to see him alive, so I’m glad they brought him back. But, at the same time, it’s kind of depressing that Adam is now wrapped up in this mess too. I mean, it may be harsh to say, but there’s some argument that he was better off dead. At least he was happy in heaven.

Although, I am very entertained by his cynical and sassy attitude. If that isn’t proof positive that he’s a Winchester, I don’t know what is.

Speaking of Adam, I can’t tell if he’s still alive or not. How were we supposed to interpret that scene where he gets trapped in the angel light? (By the way, that was a SAD moment; I’m sure we can all just imagine how Dean is going to beat himself up for losing Adam). Is Adam dead now? Did he melt? Or, did the angels kidnap him? If he is supposed to be dead, I feel like Supernatural did not do a very good job of making that clear. I’m leaning toward the idea that he’s not dead because a) there was no body and b) usually when someone dies, Supernatural shows it.

Continuing in that vein, I am VERY concerned about Cas at this moment. Although cutting the angel goodbye sigil (or whatever it is) in his own chest was inspired, what does that do to him? Where did it send him? Back to heaven? That can’t be good. I imagine Cas will come back before the end of the season, but I still feel bad for the beating he has been taking recently.

On another note, I was annoyed with Dean in this episode for trying to hand himself over to Michael. Like, really? I feel like Dean has the same I-am-incapable-of-thinking-logically disease that Sam had in season 4. I mean, come on! Dean has to know that nothing good will come of saying yes to Michael. Use your head, Dean! I think it’s just his normal, “I’m worthless, therefore I must sacrifice myself” drive kicked into overtime.

However, Dean did redeem himself with one fantastically funny line in this episode: “Cas, not for nothing, but the last person who looked at me like that... I got laid.”

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9