Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 10: Abandon All Hope…

JO AND ELLEN!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I honestly can’t believe they’re both dead. Just like that! It seems like we just got them back on the show, and already they’re gone. Gone forever!

Not to mention that death scene was one of the saddest things I’ve seen on TV. Watching Jo slowly bleed out was excruciating, and the fact that Ellen had to die with her daughter was even worse. Honestly, when Dean kissed Jo’s forehead, I dissolved into a pile of tears. It was such a painful thing to watch! Even more so because it turned out that Jo and Ellen’s deaths were essentially meaningless. That’s a hard pill to swallow.

And, Bobby burning that photo at the end of the episode was just crushing! Watching Jo’s face dissolve in the flames was like watching her die all over again!

All I can say is that they better introduce some more recurring female characters to the show. We’re really going to feel a gap now that Ruby, Bela, Jo, and Ellen are all gone.

This episode was also really demoralizing in terms of plot. So Lucifer has raised death now? Great! That was just what we needed. *Eye roll* I assume things are REALLY going to start spiraling out of control in the coming episodes.

I’m also VERY concerned about how Sam and Dean are going to kill Lucifer. I mean, I’m sure they’ll find a way to kill him or at least to stop him; this is, after all, the Sam and Dean show. But, the fact that the colt didn’t work was a really hard blow.

On a brighter note, at least Sam and Dean have the colt back now. That’s gotta count for something, right? Although, I have to say that I do not trust the demon Crowley. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lucifer asked him to give them the colt for some reason. But hey, what would Supernatural be without a demon to betray you?

I also have to say that I love seeing a more human side of Cas. Look at him now! Riding in a car and drinking alcohol! It’s adorable. I also think he has the best line of the episode. I loved it when he said “I think I'm starting to feel something,” after he drank like ten shots. Plus, the soundtrack in that scene was amazing. You gotta love Santana!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9