Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 6: I Believe the Children Are Our Future

Is it just me, or did this episode have the exact same plot as Good Omens? Well, I don’t think there were any whoopee cushions in Good Omens, but— other than that— it’s basically the same.

Anyway, we now have an antichrist, so I guess that’s the final ingredient for the apocalypse? Can’t have an apocalypse without an antichrist!

In case you need a recap, basically, in this episode we meet a little boy named Jesse, who turns out to be the antichrist, a half human, half demon creature. He is extremely powerful, so much so that his beliefs literally change the world around him, causing several people to die in weird ways. Sam and Dean investigate his past and discover that he was adopted. His birth mother was possessed by a demon, who somehow impregnated her (?) I’m still not sure how that happened.

Meanwhile, Cas learns what they discovered and tries to kill Jessie. (I like Cas and all, but he keeps disappointing me. C’mon Cas, you’re not supposed to kill kids! You’re on TV!!) However, Sam and Dean save the day. At the end of the episode, Sam and Dean try to take Jessie to Bobby for safekeeping, but Jessie wishes himself to Australia. I wish I could do that. I would wish myself to Hawaii!

Seriously though, I really did like this episode. The plot felt very satisfying, you know? Like a hearty slice of lasagna (which is what I had for dinner).

Also, I gotta highlight again how good Dean is with kids. He’s the complete package, ya know?

I do feel sorry for that little antichrist though. His life was basically ruined by this experience. And, of course, I feel bad for his biological mom too. I bet she’s gonna need lots of counseling after this experience. I do not, however, feel bad for Cas. If you threaten a little boy with a knife, you deserve to be turned into a doll. I also feel bad for the whole antichrist family that’s living in that house. What’s with the windows in the bedroom doors? Who could live in a house like that? It’s so weird! No wonder the kid turned out to be an antichrist.

Rating:
10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9