Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 12: Criss Angel Is a Douchebag

On title alone, I think this episode gets an A+ from me. You gotta hand it to the writers; they’re very creative in naming each episode.

Plus, I think the idea of Sam and Dean (who obviously encounter real magic all the time) dealing with fake magic is really funny. I loved it when they were watching the guy pretend to be possessed like “come on, really?”

In case you need a reminder, this episode deals with a festival/convention for stage magicians. There’s a group of older magicians in attendance who are made to feel inadequate and useless by the younger magicians, so much sp that one of them decides to kill himself by performing a dangerous trick.

This episode was entertaining, but it wasn’t really a favorite for me. It did, however, bring up some interesting points.

First of all, I’m dying to know what Ruby wants Sam to do that he doesn’t want to do. I’m 100% sure that whatever it is, Dean will NOT approve. Seriously though, obviously it’s something dark and morally objectionable. But, I trust Sam not to do anything too crazy. I mean, he’s still Sam after all. I just wish they would tell us what’s going on! If I have to wait until the end of the season, I will be seriously annoyed.

Another interesting point is what are Sam and Dean going to do when they get old? I mean, I’m pretty sure they’re not saving for retirement or paying into social security. Do they plan to hunt demons and monsters literally until they die? Or, do they plan to die on the job? I mean, it’s totally possible that that’s the way they expect it to go down, but still, how depressing! Bobby is the oldest hunter we’ve seen, but even he isn’t really all that old. What are Sam and Dean going to do when they need walkers or canes or when they start to have dementia?

I mean, maybe those questions are too deep for a TV show, but I imagine the characters themselves think about that. Plus, I don’t think viewers will be so interested in watching Supernatural when they become middle aged and balding. Although, I’m pretty sure they’ll end the show before the Winchesters are in their 60s.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9