Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 14: Sex and Violence

The TWISTS! The TURNS!

I seriously thought that everyone was the siren at some point during this episode. But I thought it was a good surprise that it was actually Munroe. (Although, TBH, I did suspect him a bit after he knew all the years that all the Led Zeppelin songs were released. There is such a thing as too perfect.)

I do think it’s interesting that Dean’s ideal person is not a romantic partner but a friend who shares his interests and is sympathetic to what he’s going through. It says a lot about his emotional needs. I mean, clearly he doesn’t feel he can talk to Sam, which is sad. Their brother relationship has really taken a hit in the past season.

In case you don’t remember, in this episode, a siren appears in a town and starts to convince men to murder their wives. Sam and Dean arrive to investigate, but the siren manages to seduce both of them, and they almost end up killing each other. The episode concludes with Bobby killing the sirens.

The only thing I don’t get is why the siren wanted everyone to kill their partner to begin with? What did it get from that? Was it just being cruel or was it feeding off their life force or something? These are the questions that need to be answered!

All in all, I thought this was a good episode. It wasn’t one of my favorites by any stretch of the imagination, but I was entertained by the mystery elements (although, I think I’m going to be more wary of meat tenderizers going forward). I think the important developments here were a) once again, we have confirmed that Bobby is the best and b) Sam and Dean now know what they really think about each other.

I’m sure THAT won’t cause any problems going forward.

On another note, how weird was it to see Hoyt from True Blood in this episode? The actress who played Caroline in The Vampire Diaries was in the last episode too. I’m sensing a theme here.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9