Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 9: I Know What You Did Last Summer

The angels better not kill that girl Anna. That’s all I’m saying.

I mean, come on. I know that angels don’t have to be nice, but what has she really done that’s bad? She’s just an innocent girl! Surely, there’s no way Dean is going to allow Cas (yup, that’s what I’m calling him now) to kill her?

My goodness! Whoever thought that angels could be so bloodthirsty?

Anyway.

If you need a reminder, this episode is about a girl named Anna who can hear the voices of angels (and you thought Supernatural couldn’t get any weirder, right?). Obviously, this makes everyone interested in her, and Ruby discovers that gangs of both angels and demons are out to get her. Sam, Dean, and Ruby team up to save her from demons; however, at the end of the episode, the angels turn up at their hiding place to kill her. (Again,!!!!!!!????)

Seriously, why are the angels so mean?

Besides that, I really did enjoy this episode. I like Anna a lot as a character, and I hope she sticks around for a while. (To be honest, I’m kind of shipping her with Dean.)

I do have to comment on Ruby. I’m sorry, but I just do not like how this actress is playing her. I mean, she’s made the character very vanilla, which is weird because Ruby was so spicy before. Also—and I hate to say this—I just don’t think she’s a very good actress. I mean, to me, her performance just isn’t very believable. Also, she has zero on screen chemistry with Sam, which is weird because I know they’re married in real life. I mean, that sex scene between them was one of the most awkward things I’ve ever seen on TV! And that music! Who picked that?? Anyway, I know a lot of people like Genevieve Cortese as Ruby, but I just can’t get behind her. Maybe that’s an unpopular opinion, but I’m sticking with it.

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9