Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 10: Heaven and Hell

Dean and Anna sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Okay, so I LOVE their relationship. Love it! Of course, I get that she had to go back to Heaven and be an angel again, but I hope she comes back and they can continue to have a connection. It’s not fair that every time either Sam or Dean have some romance, they have to leave the girl (or vice versa in this situation). So *hopefully* Dean’s relationship with Anna doesn’t end with this episode. (By the way, Anna can’t be her angel name. Apparently she has to have something that ends in the letters iel)

On another note, I find it funny that Dean is with an angel and Sam is with a demon. If you’d asked me in season one or two, I would have said that it would be the other way around.

In case you need a recap, in this episode we learn that Anna is an angel who decided she didn’t want to be an angel anymore. She explains that she wanted to be human because angels can’t experience the full range of emotions and experiences (Anna has one very human experience with Dean in this episode, *wink*). I found this entire idea to be fascinating. I mean, thinking about the decision Anna made and thinking about how she felt is really interesting. Making the decision to stop being an angel must have been HUGE. Anyway, Anna realizes that she needs to be an angel again to protect herself, so she goes in search of her “grace,” the quality that makes her an angel.

Ruby, Anna, Sam, and Dean set off to find the grace and discover the Uriel has stolen it. In order to get it back, they set up a sting to trick the angels and demons into fighting each other. Anna uses the distraction to steal her grace back and become an angel again.

Anyway, I thought this episode was fan-tastic! It was very emotionally satisfying and well plotted. I really, really enjoyed it, and—as I said—I like Anna a lot as a character.

We should probably talk about Dean’s time in hell too. To be honest, I feel really, really bad for him. I totally don’t blame him for torturing other souls; I don’t even blame him for enjoying it! I mean, after thirty years of torture, I imagine you would do anything to make it stop. I will say, however, that that moment was supremely well acted by Jensen Ackles. I mean, I say it all the time, but give that man all the Emmys; he richly deserves them!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9