Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 7: It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester

Gah, I HATE witches!

Like, who wants to bring demons into the world? I get that they’re obsessed with getting that power or whatever, but empirically it just seems stupid. I can’t believe that the witches actually except the demons to be on their side. They obviously have their own agenda. I mean, they’re DEMONS, they’re underhanded by definition.

Plus, the witches themselves are nasty too. Like, if I were a witch, I would be using my power to win the lottery or to make ice cream calorie free. Why are they boiling people alive and putting razors in candy (*shudder*, by the way; that was so gross)?

Plus, I’m starting to hate the angels too. I get that being an angel doesn’t make you nice, but Uriel is unnecessarily unpleasant (although Castiel—or Cas as Dean is calling him now—is starting to grow on me). If they have enough power to destroy a town, surely they have enough power to find the witch or evacuate the innocent people? Ay yai yai!

Anyway.

So, in this episode, two witches decide they want to raise the demon Samhain (which was dumb, as I said). In doing so, they will break one of the seals and bring the world closer to the apocalypse (again, as I said, dumb). The angels Castiel and Uriel turn up and say that they plan to destroy the town to prevent this from happening. Obviously Sam and Dean object and set out to stop the witches. However, they do manage to raise Samhain (which results in several teens dying in a mausoleum; I’ve never understood the appeal of partying in a graveyard. People are so stupid sometimes). Sam is forced to save the town from Samhain by exorcising him with his brain, which he is not supposed to be doing. Uriel threatens him with death if he does it again.

Again, I’m not sure what the problem is with Sam the exorcist. It clearly requires some mental/physical energy, but it doesn’t seem to be making him more evil. Someone genuinely needs to explain what’s going to happen to Sam if he continues to use this power because, right now, I don’t see the problem.

On the whole, I didn’t love this episode, but it was fairly entertaining (although slightly icky). Also, two thumbs up for the person who thought of the title of this episode. I am thoroughly amused.

On another note, I’m kind of shocked that this is the first Halloween episode the show has done. I mean, come on, the show is called Supernatural for crying out loud. *SMH*.

Rating: 7.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review