Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 8: Wishful Thinking

THAT TEDDY BEAR.

Oh my gosh, I can’t. I just can’t. I’m dying laughing. “Tea parties? Is that all there is?” has got to be the quote of the episode.

I do feel bad for that little girl though, I mean her toy has lollipop disease for crying out loud!

I do have to criticize her parents though. Audrey let Sam and Dean into her house way too easily. Didn’t anyone bother to teach her about stranger danger? I mean, we’ve seen before that Dean is really good with kids, and they all seem to like him. Plus, I guess they did show her badges, but I have to say that I was way more skeptical when I was a six year old.

Anyway.

This episode is about a wishing well that actually grants people’s wishes. The problem is that after a while, the wishes turn bad (which is how the teddy bear became a suicidal alcoholic (although, it turns out you can’t actually kill yourself if your insides are made of cotton stuffing. Who would have thunk it?)). Sam and Dean trace the wishes back to one man who threw a magic coin into the well so that he could make a beautiful woman fall in love with him (a little too much love if you ask me). The only way to reverse the wishes is for the man to remove the coin for the well, which he does after his fiancee wishes for Sam’s death (which is good because Dean was also about to be strangled by a super strong six-year-old at that time). The episode ends with Dean admitting to Sam that he actually does remember what happened to him in hell, which, of course, is horrific.

Gah! If anyone in the world needs therapy it’s Dean Winchester.

I really did enjoy this episode. It was super entertaining and funny. Supernatural is such a dark show sometimes that you really do have to savor the lighter episodes. Plus, now we all know what to get Sam for Christmas: Lilith’s head on a plate. How jolly!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review