Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 10: The Hunter Games

Okay, I have a lot of THOUGHTS about this episode.

First of all, I’m really disappointed in how Cas and the Winchesters decided to handle the situation with Claire.

I can hardly believe that Cas allowed Claire to go off and live on her own! I’m not quite sure how old she is, but we know for sure that she’s under eighteen because of the events of the previous episode. Claire is tough, but it is inconceivable to me that Cas and the Winchesters would let a child go off to make her own way in the world! It’s just so irresponsible. They didn’t even leave her with a car or money. Like, what are they thinking???

My feeling is that, if Cas wasn’t going to care for Claire as his child, he should have left her in the juvenile center. Although she didn’t like being there, it was a safe place full of people who would have helped her transition successfully to the adult world.

This is a situation in which Cas should have left well enough alone. His presence in Claire’s life has only inflicted deeper psychological wounds and put her in physical danger.

Down in Hell, I’m a bit concerned about what’s going on between Crowley and his mother. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a FASCINATING situation, and I really feel like I’m learning a lot about where Crowley’s manipulative and conniving characteristics come from. However, I can’t figure out what Rowena is aiming to do, and that makes me uncomfortable. My guess is that she’s trying to betray Crowley in some way. Maybe she even wants to be Queen of Hell herself! However, it could be that she’s only trying to get her son to rely on her. Either way, I don’t trust Rowena, and, although I’m entertained by her, I hope that Crowley is maintaining a healthy degree of skepticism!

I’m also really annoyed that they decided to bring Metatron into the mess that was this episode. Like, surely they understood that nothing good could come from that decision. Why on Earth would Metatron—one of the biggest LIARS in the universe—tell Dean and Sam the truth about the Mark of Cain? He could just as easily give them a spell that would make things worse.

In any case, I’m glad Cas took Metatron back to Heaven. I think Sam and Dean are better off trying to deal with this issue by themselves. As this episode showed us, Dean might even be able to control the mark through willpower alone.

So, all and all, I think it’s fair to say that this was an annoying episode. I’m hoping for something a little more satisfying in episode 11!

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review