Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 9: The Things We Left Behind

Well, this episode was a downer.

I’m guessing that Cas went in search of his vessel’s family because of his conversation with Hannah a few episodes ago. I think it’s nice that Cas tried to reconnect with Jimmy Novak’s family, but this is a situation where Cas probably should have left well enough alone.

While Claire was not having a great time at the juvenile center, she was safe there. When Cas “broke her out” of the center, he took responsibility for her welfare with no plan or understanding of how to care for her. If Cas hadn’t taken her out of the center, she wouldn’t have been sold by Randy, and she wouldn’t have had to witness Randy’s death.

So, if we’re being honest, Cas only succeeded in traumatizing her further. It’s not a great situation.

I am, however, glad that Cas and the Winchesters were there to help Claire when she needed it. That guy Randy was scum. It’s no great loss that Dean killed him. (Although, it is disturbing that Dean is going on random killing sprees. That’s worrying considering he still has the Mark of Cain.)

Hopefully, Cas and the Winchesters will be able to find a safe place for Claire to stay. They could take her back to the juvenile center, or maybe Jody Mills will be able to take care of her. I have a feeling that Claire and Alex would really get along. In any case, someone really needs to take responsibility for Claire and give her some stability.

On a lighter note, I’m really amused by Crowley’s relationship with his mother. I think this plot is a really good counterpoint for Cas’s relationship with Claire; it’s certainly a very different type of parent/child relationship. (Although, in both cases, you’re dealing with children who grew up with bad or absent parents.) I’m curious to see where Crowley’s relationship with his mother goes. Although, if I were him, I wouldn’t trust her. She’s obviously pretty deceptive.

All the same, I think the best line of the episode has to go to Crowley: “Did I tell you the time that she almost traded me for three pigs, three! I was an attractive child, I could juggle. I was worth five pigs, at least.”

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review