Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 7: Girls, Girls, Girls

So, now we know where Crowley gets his penchant for witty remarks and his love of Machiavellian tactics. His mother is a trip! I love her sense of style and panache! I can already predict that Rowena is going to be one of my favorite characters this season.

I can’t wait to get to know her better and explore her relationship with Crowley! Last season we got a glimpse of his relationship with his son, and now we get to fill in even more of his family tree. It’s going to be fun.

As I said, I like Rowena. She’s very stylish, and her accent is fun! I particularly like her exaggerated cat’s eye eyeliner. It’s a look.

On the other hand, I was kind of disappointed that the Cole plot seemed to come to an end in this episode. I’m not sure what I was expecting from this storyline, but I certainly wanted it to go on a little bit longer. I definitely expected a more dramatic conclusion then “well, Dean, you were right all along; I forgive you for killing my father.” Talk about anticlimactic! Frankly, I’m also shocked that Cole believed Dean so easily. Like, this is a guy that he’s been hunting his entire life. Why is he taking his word on anything?

I suppose the show could bring Cole back later on, and I suppose it’s possible that he was lying to Dean for some reason. However, from my perspective, there’s no more spark in this plot.

Frankly, I have a little trepidation for the rest of the season. The show has already resolved Cole’s story and resolved the problem of Demon Dean. What else is there? We do have Crowley’s mother in the picture now and the problem of Castiel’s missing grace, but I don’t feel like the remainder of the season can rest on that.

Oh well. Maybe they’ll prove me wrong.

Aside from Cole and Rowena, I found the rest of this episode to be pretty ordinary. The demons in this episode were particularly gross and reprehensible, but their plot wasn’t that interesting on its own.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review