Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 4: Paper Moon

You know what? I’m actually kind of shocked that the show writers decided to return to the plot of Kate and her werewolf friends (well, I guess they’re not her friends anymore).

Seriously though, we haven’t seen Kate since season eight! I have to admit that I hated the episode “Bitten” (and, when I say hated, I mean that I really despised that episode). However, Kate redeemed herself a bit in this episode.

In fact, I thought this episode was pretty interesting and entertaining. It was a bit “monster of the week”; however, I think we’re supposed to draw parallels between Sam/Dean’s situation and Kate/Tasha’s situation. In both cases, the characters are faced with the impossible situation of a sibling who has become a monster, and they must make a decision about whether or not to destroy them.

The episode also held up on the pure plot level. Kate’s story about turning her sister and trying to live as a “vegetarian” werewolf was pretty riveting, and it was even more interesting to see how two werewolves could turn out so differently (that’s a sentence I never thought I’d say). As it turned out, Tasha was a pretty annoying character, but I felt bad that Kate had to kill her.

Speaking of killing, it was interesting to see how Sam tried to prevent Dean from killing. I’m not sure how all of that works, but I think not killing is as likely to cause demon-ness in Dean as killing is. However, I can totally understand why Sam is trying not to take chances. No one wants a repeat of last episode.

On that note, Sam and Dean’s relationship seems to be surprisingly good in this episode. That’s kind of shocking because they’ve been at each other’s throats for like two seasons now. Watching this episode, I realized that I missed seeing Sam and Dean get along. We’ll see how long that lasts.

On another note, I love “Werewolves of London” playing in the opening of this episode. Rock on.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review