Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 2: Reichenbach

So, remember when I said that I loved demon Dean? Well, I’m re-thinking that a little.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love demon Dean. HOWEVER. I do not love the random acts of violence and the mean streak that accompany him. It’s pretty disconcerting to hear Dean say that the Impala is just a car. I mean, that’s Supernatural sacrilege!

I do, however, love that Dean is being wild and unrestrained. As I said in my last review, it’s very refreshing. Seeing him defy Cole, Crowley, and Sam was all pretty satisfying. I mean, the look on Crowley’s face when Dean told him he killed the husband instead of the wife was priceless.

Crowley clearly thought that he had Dean under his thumb. Boy was he wrong! You can’t count on anything when you’re dealing with demon Dean!

I assume that Sam snatched Dean to try to wrangle the demon out of him, which is a little disappointing. However, I don’t think the show is going to let Dean be healed too quickly; it’s too big of a plot point for that. In my opinion, that’s good because I’d like to see Dean deal with being a demon for at least five or six episodes.

Okay! Now that we’ve talked about all of this, let’s take a minute to chat about Cole.

We just met this character, and I already know that I’m going to love to hate this guy.

He’s so obnoxious! However, he’s obnoxious in an entertaining way. I really enjoyed seeing him think he was going to destroy Dean and then slowly realize that Dean was going to destroy HIM. He had so much confidence and such a big head, and it was fun to watch that get destroyed.

To be honest, even if Dean wasn’t a demon, I think he could have destroyed that guy. Cole was not as impressive as he thought he was!

I am curious, however, to learn what happened with Cole’s father. I don’t doubt that Dean killed him. However, if the Winchesters were responsible for his death in 2003, he was definitely a monster. They weren’t even hunting demons until like 2006 or 2007! I’m sure the show will tell us eventually. In fact, Cole might even figure it out by himself when he does his demon research. *Major eye roll.*

Also, you gotta love Dean’s Inigo Montoya reference. Two thumbs up for that!

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review