Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 1: Meet the New Boss

The new boss is the same as the old boss, apparently. 

Man, was this ever a tough episode to slog through. I mean, talk about demoralizing!

I hope the whole season isn’t going to be like this because this episode was ROUGH on an emotional level. 

First of all, I am both furious and concerned about Castiel.

I mean, I know that Levithan said at the end that he was gone, but that can’t be true, right? Castiel can’t go out like that! If he is going to die, it should be more meaningful, not that horrible and disgusting death. All I can say is that they’d better find a way to fix Cas and bring him back, trenchcoat and all.

On the other hand, I’m also FURIOUS with Cas. I mean, I’ve been angry with him for like half a season now, but now I’m really starting to lose my temper. HOW DID HE THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO TURN HIMSELF INTO GOD? Any idiot could have told him that that wasn’t going to work. Whenever someone tries to become all powerful in a TV show or movie, they immediately self-destruct. Plus, all the other angels told him that he couldn’t handle the soul juice. Why didn’t he listen???

Plus, Cas had to know everything he was doing was morally wrong. When he’s back in his right mind that angel has some explaining to do.

I’m also extremely concerned about Sam. There are a lot more seasons of this show, so clearly he’s not going to die. I’m guessing he’s in for a pretty rough time though. Honestly, I don’t know if I can stand to watch Sam go through endless psychological torment. Although, it does make a nice change from Dean enduring mental torture.

All in all, the only bright spot in this episode was Death turning up for a chat. Of course, you can always count on Death to create an emergency eclipse and open the door to purgatory. Good ol’ Death! He’s really starting to grow on me!

On that thought, I hope they remembered to untie Dr. and Mrs. Weiss when they were done ransacking their house. Those poor people had a difficult evening.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review