Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 16: ...And Then There Were None

Well, this was a DARK episode.

First of all, let’s all take a moment to have a moment of silence for Rufus and Gwen. They were good hunters. Especially Rufus. I liked Rufus; he added some color and pizazz to the show. I don’t really have strong feelings about Gwen, but she seemed like a nice girl, and she certainly didn’t deserve to die the way she did. I am glad that Bobby survived though; it was touch and go for him for a minute.

We will not have a moment of silence for Samuel because he was a TERRIBLE person. Honestly, his death was kind of disappointing to me. I wanted it to be more dramatic and more meaningful to the plot. The demise of Samuel was a bit random and anti-climatic in my opinion (although it was super gross, and I did not need to watch the Winchesters cutting into his skull).

To be honest, the whole episode was rather gross. That worm thing was utterly DISGUSTING, and all the electrocution and corpses were stomach churning. Personally, I didn’t enjoy the episode, although it was important to the plot.

I think this was the first time we’ve seen the Mother of All in action. I have to say that she is pre-tty scary, and, if she can create new monsters whenever she wants, she is probably virtually unstoppable. I mean, what’s to stop her from raining down monsters on everyone?


Anyway, I think this was an impactful episode, but it was difficult to watch. I didn’t like it per se, but I did think it was important. Hopefully the next episode will be more cheerful.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9