Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 11: Appointment in Samarra

This episode was emotionally EXHAUSTING.

Seriously, I don’t know how I’m going to get through the rest of this season. It’s a LOT, and it lacks the joie de vivre of previous seasons.

In case you need a quick recap, in this episode Dean goes to meet Death to convince him to help get Sam’s soul back. Death agrees to return Sam’s soul, but only if Dean puts on Death’s ring and carries out his duties for a day. Dean doesn’t succeed in this, but Death decides to restore Sam’s soul anyway, putting up a wall to defend Sam from the damaged part of the soul in the process.

Sam seems to suffer when his soul is returned, however I am glad that he got it back because soulless Sam was starting to scare me (I mean, he tried to kill Bobby! I couldn’t believe that!). Plus, I assume he’ll be okay in the end because there are about nine seasons left, and I don’t think he’s going to be an incoherent husk of a man for all of them.

I also enjoyed seeing Tessa again. Out of all the manifestations of death, I think she’s one of my favorites. I do also enjoy Death himself. He’s kind of a dapper guy.

However, like I said, I found this episode exhausting overall. I didn’t really want to watch Dean have to kill someone and make decisions about life and death. It’s just not fun. It’s just not enjoyable. There’s not much joy in the show at a moment, and it’s just emotionally tough to watch.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review