Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 22: The Man Who Knew Too Much

Well! I think we had quite enough psychoanalysis, Freud type stuff for one episode in this finale. In all seriousness though, I thought the writers of this episode did a really good job exploring what was happening with Sam’s psyche in this episode, which was certainly the most interesting part for me.

Of course, it’s vital that Sam is able to reunite the two halves of his brain, and I’m glad he had the strength to do that. His journey with the ghost girl was a bit trippy, but I’ll forgive it because Sam confronting himself was a very powerful part of the episode.

Sam plot aside, however, I was really disappointed in how Castiel chose to behave in this episode.

First of all, killing Balthazar was WAY out of line. I wasn’t so bothered that he killed Raphael, but I am pre-tty concerned that Cas is now calling himself a god. Sounds like he’s getting a bit too big for his britches! Seriously though, Cas did scare me in this episode, and I’m really wondering what he’s going to become in the next season.

I really don’t think I could bear it if he became a “bad guy” on the show, but I can’t imagine him becoming a good guy after all of this! I am a bit angry at the writers for demolishing Castiel’s character after he had such a positive arc for most of the show.

As a finale, however, I thought this episode was okay. Overall, I can see why season six is not a fan favorite. Now that I’ve seen all the episodes, I can confidently say that the writers had no idea where to go after the powerful conclusion of season five, and they kind of came up empty handed. HOWEVER. I have heard that future seasons of this show are better, so I’m just going to treat season six as an awkward transitionary period that we needed to get out of the way.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review