Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 19: Mommy Dearest

So, is that it for the Mother of Monsters? If she’s actually dead, I have to say that it’s a rather disappointing end for her character. I mean, she was on the show for what, seven episodes? I don’t want to be judgemental, but that’s a pretty pathetic showing from someone who is supposed to be a major villain. Like, if the Winchesters got rid of all their enemies that way, it wouldn’t be a very interesting show, now would it?

I actually think killing the Mother of Monsters so easily is a pretty major failing in the plot of this season (no wonder this season isn’t very well liked among fans!). With Eve dispatched so easily, the overarching plot of the season is a bit murky. Like, what has been the point of all of this?

In case you need a recap, in this episode the Mother of Monsters creates a new breed of creatures and sets them loose on a town. Sam and Dean arrive to deal with the situation and learn that Eve (the Mother of Monsters) has come to Earth because Crowley is killing her children. Sam and Dean tell Eve that Crowley is dead and then kill her, but, as it transpires, Crowley is not dead (which I kind of predicted). It also appears that Castiel and Crowley are in league with each other, which is quite surprising!

(Although, I sort of thought that he might not be dead). I’m very concerned that Castiel and Crowley seem to be working together. I imagine that will be explored in more detail as the season goes on, but it’s not good news right now.

Anyway, I found this episode to be rather unenjoyable. I didn’t think it was very good from a plot perspective, and it was just kind of tedious to watch. This was one of the weakest episodes in the season so far. I’m quite disappointed with season six at this point; hopefully it’ll improve in the last few episodes.

Rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review