Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 14: Mannequin 3: The Reckoning

Well, this was fuel for nightmares.

SERIOUSLY. This one was DARK.

The mannequins alone are disturbing beyond measure. I think I would drop dead on the spot if I saw a mannequin move! Not to mention the creepy ghost girl!

I actually think this is one of the scariest episodes that Supernatural has put out in a while, but, above and beyond the scary aspects, it was just really sad. No one really deserved what happened in this episode. The sister didn’t deserve to die, Rose didn’t deserve her accident, and the guys who played the trick on her didn’t deserve to die either. Don’t get me wrong, their behavior was cruel and heartless, but they never intended to harm her.

In any case, I thought the “monster” plot of this episode was well thought out and well written. It was a very tight story. HOWEVER. In my opinion, the best part of the episode was Dean’s interactions with Lisa and Ben. That whole relationship is just heartbreaking. Obviously, Dean should be with them, but it’s equally obvious that that’s a bad idea for a number of different reasons. I did, however, think it was really cute that Ben tried to “parent trap” them. I do hope that this isn’t the end for Dean and Lisa. They really seem meant to be, so I’m hoping that Dean can maintain some sort of presence in Lisa’s life.

So, all and all, I thought this episode was pretty good. I did have one qualm with it though, and that’s the fact that it was way too easy to kill the sister. I mean, that piece of glass barely cut her! How did she drop dead immediately as a result? I mean, I get that it’s a TV show, but that was difficult to believe.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review