Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 21: Let It Bleed

Wow, this episode really broke my heart. I’ve been critical of the writer’s during this season, but I have to hand it to them, I really felt this episode on a deep and authentic level.

In case you need a reminder, in this episode Lisa and Ben are kidnapped by demons controlled by Crowley. Crowley tells the boys that he won’t release them until Sam and Dean back down and stop looking for Purgatory. Frankly, I’m amazed that Crowley thought this would work. I imagine he knows the boys well enough by now to understand that they don’t quit that easy. But, maybe he just wanted to play with them. Anyway, Sam and Dean arrive and discover that a demon has taken up residence inside Lisa. They manage to exorcise her, but not before she seriously injures Lisa’s body. They manage to rush her to the hospital, and she survives, but Dean decides that he must ask Castiel to remove her memories of him, as knowing him has brought her so much sorrow.

The fact that Dean had to make the choice to have Lisa and Ben forget him was just SHATTERING. Honestly, it was one of the saddest things to happen on the show, and I have seen a lot of sad things on this show. Honestly, I really hope this is not the last we see of Lisa and Ben on this show because that would make me really upset. It would be a dark way to end that relationship.

The other half of this episode focused on a plot that involved H.P. Lovecraft opening the gates of purgatory, and, I have to say, that I wasn’t very interested in that story. It felt kind of like the whole plot was added on just to fill the episode out. Personally, I wasn’t very interested in what was going on.

However, I thought the Lisa and Ben part of this episode was very well-written, so I think this is one of the strongest episodes of the season.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9