Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 5: Thin Lizzie

Well, this episode was creepy. Call me crazy, but I’m not a fan of axe murder episodes. It’s just not my forte.

However, I did enjoy that this episode had more of a “monster of the week” feel. I miss those episodes. Times were simpler when the Winchesters only had to worry about nests of vampires and rogue werewolves.

Anyway, I thought this episode had a good premise. I mean, the ghost infested home of a notorious murderer is right up Supernatural’s alley. Although, like I said, it was a little too gory for me. The actual story of Lizzie Borden is creepy enough to me. I didn’t have to see the murders reenacted in her actual house with weird photographs on the walls and doilies everywhere.

I was actually pretty relieved that the babysitter was the murderer, and that the boys didn’t have to deal with Lizzie’s ghost.

Nope. Instead it was only Amara. Woo-hoo.

Amara grows more and more mysterious (and more and more scary) with each passing episode. There’s nothing freakier than watching her suck the soul out of someone, and it’s really scary how everyone who has their soul sucked has a different reaction to Amara.

For example, I really wish every soulless person behaved like Len. He was a fun guy. I liked him. I find it a little creepy that he’s obsessed with Lizzie Borden and has a model of her in his living room, but I’ll set that aside. We’re all a little eccentric in our own way. All the same, he’s a decent person who wants to do the right thing.

Sydney, on the other hand, just became a psycho. So, I guess your reaction to Amara all depends on the sort of life you had before meeting her. I did think that Sydney’s comments on how Amara made her feel were interesting though. I’m wary of any person or thing that inspires that kind of blind euphoria

Anyway, I really enjoyed meeting Len. He is a hilarious— but also kind of sad and disturbing— character. I do feel bad that he’s going to have to confess to the murders, but if that’s going to prevent him from committing more murders, I guess it’s the right thing to do. I hope we see more of him in a future episode.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review