Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 21: Dark Dynasty

Okay, I’m just going to say it: EVERYTHING 👏 THAT 👏 HAPPENED 👏 IN 👏 THIS 👏 EPISODE 👏 WAS 👏 SAM’S 👏 FAULT.

Seriously, I am ENRAGED with him. Charlie is DEAD because of him!

The whole situation just made me so angry! I mean, Sam has thrown caution to the winds and deceived Dean in some very drought and dangerous situations, all in the service of removing the Mark of Cain, which Dean is managing very well at the moment!

That’s not to say that Dean should have the mark long term, but it’s not a hair on fire emergency right now. Besides which, Dean has resigned himself to it, and that should mean something to Sam. Sam has berated Dean for not letting him make his own decisions so many times. So, why isn’t he allowing Dean to make his own decision here? The hypocrisy is ASTOUNDING. The inconsistency in Sam’s character is the thing I like least about this show. To me, it makes it really tough to like Sam. He is very fickle.

Anyway, I digress. I will stop my Sam rant.

As I’ve already implied, this was a sad and dark episode overall. Charlie’s death was absolutely DEVASTATING. I can’t say that I didn’t get a sense that it might be coming, but seeing her dead in that bathtub was just a gut punch. She was one of my favorite characters on the show, and she will absolutely be missed. She always brought a little ray of sunshine to Supernatural! Things are going to be heartbreakingly gloomy without her.

Other than that, I thought this was an intriguing, albeit frustrating episode.

I’m both fascinated and repulsed by the Styne family and their history. To my mind, they are some of the scariest villains that Supernatural has ever produced. I’m looking forward to seeing how Sam and Dean defeat whatever evil plan they came up with. In a show that has had some lackluster villains, the Stynes are certainly worthy of the show.

Besides that, I remain skeptical of Sam’s plan to remove the mark. Giving Rowena access to all-powerful, evil magic is a terrible idea! And there’s no guarantee that the book even contains information about the Mark of Cain. Even though Charlie cracked the code, I remain convinced that something absolutely horrible is going to happen with the Book of the Damned.

I also really hope that Sam does not succeed in killing Crowley. Who would be there to make sarcastic comments?

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review