Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 4: Baby

I have to hand it to Supernatural, this was a creative episode. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a story told from the perspective of a car.

And, I’ve certainly never seen a story told from the perspective of a car that got smashed to pieces! Poor Baby! Dean’s going to have his work cut out for him to repair all that damage. It’s almost as bad as when Baby got totaled at the end of season one!

However, on the whole, this was a fun episode.

After all the DRAMA this show has inflicted upon its viewers, it’s nice to see the boys just hunting and saving people. It’s been a WHILE since we had a good, old-fashioned monster of the week episode.

And, what a monster it was! The Nachzehrers were so gruesome and horrifying, they were almost ridiculous. The idea of a ghoul-vampire cross is just so icky and over the top. I can’t get the image of the severed head on the windshield out of my mind. It made me want to laugh and scream at the same time (although, mostly I wanted to laugh).

The head in the cooler was also a nice touch.

However, in the end, it was nice to see everyone become human and happy again.

I think the most important part of the episode, however, was the exploration of how important Baby is to the Winchesters. When I saw them going to sleep in the car, it struck me that Baby is their home. They have spent so much of their lives in and around Baby, and it’s seen all the important moments of their lives. It’s only fitting that Baby has an episode to itself.

This episode was a nice break from the intensity and darkness that has characterized this season so far. I would describe it as comic relief. We haven’t had too much of that lately, so I’m going to go out on a limb and say that “Baby” was my favorite episode of the season so far. I hope we get a few more like it.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review