Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 2: Form and Void

Here I was thinking that Amara was going to be a nice, sweet little girl. Turns out, she’s a soul eating monster!

Who would have thunk it?

Needless to say, I’m a bit concerned that she’s wandering free in the world, and I’m going to be even more concerned if she takes up with Crowley. The last thing we need is an army of demons serving the Darkness. However, I do have a feeling that little Amara is going to be much tougher to deal with than Crowley realizes.

Speaking of Amara, I am intrigued by the idea that she might be the woman in the Darkness that Dean saw in episode one. I suppose if you’re a primordial force of nature, you don’t have to abide by the normal rules that govern time and space. I suppose it would be a little crazy if the darkness took the form of two people. It doesn’t seem like the sort of force or power that you can share. The way she relates to Dean is also fascinating (and pretty terrifying)!

Speaking of pretty terrifying, what happened to Jenna and her grandmother was pretty bloodcurdling. They certainly didn’t deserve that. You’d think that Amara would protect the people who were caring for her. Although, I assume that the Darkness is pretty amoral when you get right down to it.

I assume we’ll learn more about Amara going forward, but we also need to talk about Sam.

I’m really glad to see that he was able to cure himself from the Darkness disease. And, frankly, I’m surprised that the cure was so easy and straightforward. If only Dean could have dipped himself in holy oil to solve their problems in season ten! I do think that Sam should have told Dean that he was infected (and, if he doesn’t tell him now, i really will scream), but I suppose everything worked out for the best.

My big concern now is that Death is no longer preventing the Winchesters from dying! (What a weird sentence that was). That reaper Billie had a lovely singing voice, but she seems like quite an unforgiving person. Sam and Dean are constantly one wrong move away from kicking the bucket, so it’s pretty scary to know that the reapers want them to die permanently.

(That being said, realistically we know that they have to squeak along for at least the next four seasons).

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review