Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 3: The Bad Seed

We’ve seen Lilith, Lucifer, and archangels on this show, but I think Amara puts them all to shame. She is more frightening than any of them.

I can’t figure out what to make of her, and that’s probably the scariest thing of all.

I mean, Amara wants to eat souls. I get that. (Bone-chilling as it is). But what is her ultimate goal? What plan does the Darkness have for Earth? Does it even have a goal? I still struggle to understand the Darkness as a sentient being. My impression is that the Darkness existed before sentience. Yet, she is a person. A human. Or, at least, she is humanoid.

None of it makes much sense. But it is all fascinating.

I really want the show to explain and explore Amara’s character in more detail. Right now, all I really know is that she disdains Crowley’s gifts (I mean, that dress did have blood on it), she grows fast, she doesn’t like having a nanny, she’s afraid of God, and she’s always hungry. The last part is the most important. I want more knowledge about Amara!

We should also talk about what’s going on with our buddy Rowena.

First off, I should say that I am in favor of the MEGA COVEN. It sounds so much more ostentatious and solemn than the Grand Coven. Everyone knows that it’s better to be MEGA than Grand. I am not in favor of incinerating other witches if they refuse to join the Mega Coven. But hey, stylistic differences.

Anyway, the point is that Rowena is a lady with a plan, and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with. All her capers and shenanigans look pretty tame in comparison to the threat posed by Amara, so I feel like I can have a laissez faire attitude towards her. Especially since she’s taken the curse off of Cas.

Seriously, I am so, so relieved that Cas is back to normal. We need him firing on all cylinders! I was also really grateful that Rowena didn’t slap the Winchesters with a worse curse. She’s really being charitable and indulgent compared to some other characters on this show.

The best part of the episode, however, was when the angel and the demon met up to drink together and complain about their work. If that’s not the most relatable thing ever. No matter where you work and what you do, everyone loves to complain about the boss.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review