Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 15: The Things They Carried

I don’t think I can deal with another episode like this. It was too gross!

Like, I’m sorry, but I don’t need to see blood-sucking worms coming out of people’s mouths! Even for Supernatural, it was a bit over the top. In fact, I watched this episode with my roommate, and she was literally gagging during some parts of this episode. I’m not going to lie, the repulsiveness of it all kind of ruined my enjoyment of “The Things They Carried.”

The electrocution scene and the various grisly murders sprinkled throughout this episode didn’t help either.

Okay, let me set aside my disgust to talk about the actual plot of this episode.

I was not terribly impressed by the storyline of “The Things They Carried.” It just didn’t grab my interest, and, overall, I thought it relied too much on gore.

I was also a bit confused that the khan worm was present here. It seems like the soldiers picked up the worm in Iraq on their final mission. That’s weird because Eve only created that monster a few years ago in Ohio during season six. How did it end up in an ancient cemetery in the Middle East? It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Even if I ignore that, I was still spectacularly annoyed by Cole in this episode. His refusal to believe that the monsters were seriously dangerous was infuriating. His stubborn belief that he could handle the situation on his own without the Winchesters drove me up the wall! By the end of the episode he seemed to be catching on, but his arrogance was unbelievable. He almost killed himself and endangered a lot of other people through his actions. Plus, only Dean is allowed to call Sam Sammy!

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think this is one of weakest episodes Supernatural has had in a long time. There wasn’t a lot of main plot development, and it wasn’t much fun to watch. It just wasn’t my style.

Rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9