Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 14: The Executioner's Song

Honestly, I’m not sure how to feel about this episode.

First of all, I have no idea what the last line meant: “Dean’s in trouble.”

Absolutely nothing has changed in Dean’s situation since the last episode, so what does that mean? How is he in more trouble now? If anything, Dean seems to be more in control than he was previously. Plus, he survived killing Cain. So how is he in trouble?

Sometimes, I think Supernatural gets itself into trouble by creating all of this unnecessary drama. They can only tease Dean’s death so many times before it loses all its emotional punch and credibility. Plus, the drama associated with having the mark is starting to get old.

Cain’s death, however, was an interesting plot twist. I didn’t see it coming. Since he was planning to kill 10% of the world’s population, it was the correct thing to do. Although, I can’t really quibble with his desire to get rid of people like Tommy Tolliver. If he had stopped there, probably no one would have had a problem. Cain’s motives are a little opaque to me, but I guess the long and short of it is that no one can free themselves from the power of the mark. That doesn’t bode well for Dean, but, since this is a TV show, I’m confident that Sam and Cas will find some way to save him.

I do wonder if Cain is actually dead. It seemed a little too easy to kill the father of murder. However, I guess that will be revealed soon enough.

I’m also intrigued by what’s going on with Crowley. Rowena is certainly an entertaining character, but I still haven’t figured out her end game. However, it seems that she’s pretty dedicated to driving a wedge between the Winchesters and her son. We’re getting towards the end of the season though, so I think everything will be explained soon enough.

Overall, I didn’t enjoy this episode very much. As I said, the unnecessary drama annoyed me. However, I’m hoping that the conclusion of this season will be better.

Rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9