Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 12: About a Boy

I almost forgot how absolutely funny this show can be! Season ten has been a bit heavy lately, so this is the first episode of Supernatural to make me laugh out loud in a long time.

It was fantastically funny! I cannot imagine a more comical yet horrifying plot for any TV show.

First of all, I loved the re-imagining of the Hansel and Gretal story. I think we can probably all agree that the fairy tale was horrifying enough when it was about a witch who lived in a house made of candy; it’s even more sickening when it takes place in a dilapidated shack with basement prison cells and a hulking henchman.

As gross and disturbing as it was, I was glad when Dean pushed the witch into the oven. It was a fitting end for such a horrible woman.

I was baffled by the fact that Dean burned the hex bag along with the witch. That decision didn’t make a whole lot of sense. However, it seems to have turned out okay. I’m glad that Tina at least can get a second chance at life. Personally, I don’t think I would like to be a teenager again. However, I can see the appeal in Dean and Tina’s cases.

Although I assumed that Dean was going to regain his adult form, I felt a bit sad when he grew up again and the mark came back. Dean being a teenager again with all the knowledge and wisdom of an adult might have been the best thing for him. I think we can all imagine the appeal of starting over for a Winchester.

Aside from all of this, young Dean was the best part of the episode. He was so entertaining and funny! Plus, his enjoyment of the Taylor Swift song was positively hilarious! I also loved that people thought that Dean was Sam’s son. It’s all so cute!

Although this episode didn’t contribute very much to the main plot, I enjoyed it tremendously. I always love Supernatural’s funny and weird monster of the week episodes. I hope we have similar episodes to look forward to in the rest of the episode.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review