Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 11: There’s No Place Like Home

This episode = emotional turmoil.

There’s no other way to describe it.

I mean, there was so much DRAMA packed into this episode that it left me almost speechless.

The stuff with Dean was bad enough, but Charlie (or should I call her Celeste?) really stole the show in this episode. I love the idea of good and bad Charlie! It’s so intriguing! Although, I have to say that good Charlie wasn’t all that different from normal Charlie. I also thought that bad Charlie had better hair and makeup, but she’s also a murderer, so take that with a grain of salt.

All the same, it was very unsettling to see Charlie torturing people and acting ruthless. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that she made her parents’ murderer pay for his crimes, but she didn’t have to kill him! A real punishment would be sending him to prison, where he belongs. It’s a bit scary to know that this Charlie exists within the normal Charlie, but it’s obvious that she is an important part of Charlie’s personality, even if she is normally repressed.

I was also seriously worried for Charlie’s life in this episode. I didn’t really think that Dean was going to kill Charlie permanently (that would be too dark, even for Supernatural), but I was starting to wonder if Castiel was going to have to resurrect her.

Fortunately, it seems like she’s back in the normal world permanently and is planning to stay in the Winchesters’ lives. She’s one of my favorite characters, and she’s certainly the closest thing they have to family now that Bobby and Kevin are dead.

I think good and bad Charlie were supposed to draw a parallel with the “dark Dean” that Dean is currently wrestling with. The question is, can he integrate dark Dean into himself (like Charlie) or does he have to destroy himself (like the Wizard of Oz).

Whether or not Dean can learn to control himself remains to be seen. It seems like he’s losing the battle, which doesn’t surprise me. Clearly, all the egg whites in the world can’t tame demonic magic. (By the way, I agree with Dean, egg white omelette = gross). It took Cain hundreds of years to learn how to control the mark, and Dean doesn’t have that kind of time.

We’re about half way through the season, so I think he’s going to have to find out how to get rid of the mark or tame it in some other way pretty soon. I’m looking forward to that in the episodes to come.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review