Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 17: Inside Man

Seeing Bobby in Heaven has got to be the best part of season ten.

Who didn’t love seeing him drinking a beer in his old scruffy hat? Also, sitting in a cozy library listening to music seems pretty heavenly to me. I think Bobby has created a very nice little paradise for himself.

Kidding aside, I have to admit that this episode had a lot of NICE moments. The writers of Supernatural must have heard me complaining in my last review and decided to show me up. I was pleasantly surprised by the direction of this episode! It feels like this season is finally starting to re-focus itself.

Aside from Bobby’s heaven, I loved Dean’s little speech to Crowley about family. It made me wonder if Dean and Crowley are family now. It kind of seems that way! It’s also weird to see Dean looking out for Crowley. Oh how the tables have turned! I think some of the human blood really did change Crowley. He’s certainly more in touch with his sensitive side now!

I also really enjoyed watching him throw Rowena out. I know she’ll be back—she’s too good of a villain to not be back—but it was satisfying to see Crowley call her out for her lies and nonsense.

Cas and Sam visiting the psychic was also pretty entertaining. “You can’t be an angel because I'm an atheist” has got to be the funniest line in this episode.

On the other hand, I was supremely annoyed that Metatron was in this episode. Busting him out of Heaven was a terrible idea! As fun as it was to see Cas take his grace away, I don’t want to see or hear of him ever again. I am SICK AND TIRED of Metatron. He’s like the worst and most annoying character on the show. Can we be done with him?

I was also pretty peeved that Cas and Sam went after Metatron without talking to Dean. Bobby may be right that it’s right out of the Winchester playbook, but it’s still super annoying. Dean is being reasonable, Dean is coping pretty well, why not talk to him? It’s like the Winchesters are trying to avoid emotional growth.

Anyway, I’m now convinced that Rowena is the one who’s going to review the Mark of Cain. I’m not sure if she knows that yet, but the show telegraphed it pretty clearly. It would be ironic if she managed to help the Winchesters in her quest to destroy them. I look forward to that.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9