Review: Supernatural Season 10, Episode 18: Book of the Damned

Well, this episode was INTERESTING.

First of all, I have to say that I think Sam is wrong and Dean is right. Nothing good can come out of that book. Even if they successfully get the mark off of Dean, it sounds like some sort of equally evil magic (or more evil!) is going to be the result. Plus, since Sam didn’t destroy the book, the Styne family is going to keep coming for it!

Don’t get me wrong, they seem like good villains, but we already have enough problems in this season without adding additional villains.

Speaking of villains, I can’t BELIEVE that Sam is trusting Rowena (even though he says he’s not trusting Rowena, he is trusting Rowena, let’s be real).

I need Sam to understand that Rowena is much smarter and craftier than he thinks she is. She’s going to trick him and get the better of him. It’s almost guaranteed. Seriously, asking Rowena for help is a BAD, bad idea. Asking Metatron for help was bad enough, but asking Rowena to translate the Book of the Damned is even crazier.

Speaking of Metatron, I’m really sick of seeing him on Supernatural. He is so ANNOYING. It is so obnoxious just to listen to him talk! And now he’s free and wandering around with the demon tablet! I could have told Cas and Sam that this would happen. They’ve been outsmarted by Metatron so many times! Why did they think this would be different? I’m also really frustrated that they didn’t tell Dean what was going on with Metatron. When has lying to each other ever worked out for Sam and Dean? It’s always a disaster.

But seriously, I don’t need to see Metatron anymore. Take him away. Let him have the demon tablet and do whatever he wants.

Overall, however, I thought this episode was really interesting. I’m intrigued by the idea of the Book of the Damned and the Styne family. Even though we have a ton of other problems to address before the end of season ten, I hope we get some more details about this family. They’re fascinating in a horrifying way.

Also, any episode that features Charlie is amazing. I hope we’re going to see more of her as this season wraps up. Please give us more Charlie!

Rating:
8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9